10 Fun Things you NEED to do in Iowa This Summer
Anyone who has ever called Iowa "boring" has obviously never done any of these!
Only in Your State came up with a list of really cool activities that you should add to your bucket list this summer, and I have done a total of 0 of them. Looks like I need to get started! How many of these things have you done?
- Explore the caves at the Maquoketa Caves State Park
- Visit one of the Iowas Great Lakes in Dickinson County (Big Spirit Lake, West Okoboji Lake, and East Okoboji Lake)
- Ride your bike on the High Trestle Trail, located between Ankeny and Woodward, and check out the High Trestle Bridge when it gets dark
- Take a hot air balloon ride during the 9-day National Balloon Classic in Indianola, a tradition for over 40 years!
- Tour of the Bridges of Madison County with a guide or on your own
- Ride the Boone & Scenic Valley Railroad across the Des Moines River Valley
- Cross the Swinging Bridge in Columbus Junction
- Watch a movie at a drive-in movie theater - there are several different locations!
- Do a driving tour of the scenic Loess Hills on the Loess Hills Scenic Byway over on the west side of the state
- Go kayaking or canoeing on the Upper Iowa River over in northeast Iowa
What are some of your favorite Iowa summer activities to do that you think should be added to the list? Share them with us in the comments?
[Via Only in Your State]