55% of People Around the World Think Women Shouldn’t Wear Make-Up
All the countries of the world may have different standards of beauty, but there are a lot of things that most of us have in common. A new study looked at the ideal beauty standards for men and women across the globe. Here are some of them:
- 89% of men and women agree that the ideal man has short hair, and 69% agree that women should have long hair
- 82% of people think men should be clean shaven, and 84% think a woman should shave her legs
- 70% of people agree that the ideal women wears perfume and jewelry
- 82% believe men should have short nails
- 55% agree that a woman should not wear make-up
First of all, I totally disagree with the clean-shaven thing. I like a man with a little scruff, and, from what I've seen on the internet, I know a lot of other people do, too! Beards are in, people! And so are man buns :)
I also think that not wearing make-up is not an option for some women. It makes some of us feel confident. I have no problem going out without it, but people often think I'm tired or sick!
What do you think about these beauty standards? See the rest of the list HERE.