Everything You Need To Know About FRYfest 2016!
FRYfest, the annual celebration of everything Hawkeye gets underway in Coralville today. The celebration takes over the Iowa River Landing and features a trade show, pep rally, autograph sessions, panel discussions, and a concert tonight. Think of it as an appetizer for tomorrow's main course. Iowa opens up the 2016 season at Kinnick Stadium versus Miami of Ohio at 2:30 p.m. Here is a run down of what you can expect at FRYfest.
FRYfest runs from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. today at the Iowa River Landing in Coralville. Most events are free to the public. The High Porch Block Party concert featuring Hairball tonight is $5 for adults, with kids 12 and under free.
Parking is $5 all day at the Iowa River Landing north parking ramp and south parking ramp next to the Coralville Mariott Hotel and Convention Center. Starting at 4:30 p.m., you may park at the west parking ramp next to the University of Iowa Health Care building.
Here is the schedule of today's events!
- FRYfest blood drive - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Hawkeye Collectors Showcase - 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- World's Largest Hawkeye Trade Show - 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hayden Fry Statue unveiling - 10:30 a.m.
- 2016 Hall of Fame inductee panel and autograph session - 10:45 a.m.
- Hawkeye fashion showcase - 1 p.m.
- Hawkeye rivalries panel discussion and autograph session - 2:30 p.m.
- Hawkeye Trivia and Iowa Olympic autograph session - 4:30 p.m.
The weather looks perfect for FRYfest and for football this weekend! Get out and enjoy and GO HAWKS! You can find more information at FRYfest.com.