Freedom Festival Parade [GALLERY]
Today brought a perfect morning for the annual Freedom Festival Parade in Cedar Rapids. A new route and gorgeous weather brought out a huge crowd.
The reconstruction in Green Square Park forced the parade to change its route this year, beginning in Czech Village, crossing the Cedar River, and finishing in NewBo. It was a great setting with tons of families on hand.
The winners this year:
- Best Animal Unit: Last Hope Animal Rescue
- Best Walking Unit: The Colt Cadets Band from Dubuque
- Judges Choice: The Czech Heritage Foundation
- Best Original Float: Sheet Metal Workers Local 263
- Best Use of American Pride: Friends of India