Iowa Has More Food Processing Workers Per Capita Than Any Other State
A new study looked at the most disproportionately popular job in each state, and some of the answers are pretty odd.
Before we go any further, I want to emphasize that this is NOT a study about the most popular job in each state, it's just the job is more popular in that state than anywhere else. To put it simply, Business Insider says, "Each state has far more of these jobs per capita than the nation as a whole."
Now that that's out of the way, let's get to the results! The results are actually based on a survey done by the Bureau of Labor Statistics back in May of last year. As you read in the title, Iowa has the most food processing workers per capita out of all 50 states. In terms of employment, jobs in that field beat out bigger states, like California and Texas, by quite a bit. Here are some of the other interesting findings:
- New York has the most fashion designers per capita
- Alaska has the most sailors per capita
- New Jersey has the most... shampooers per capita?
- Hawaii has the most tour guides per capita
- Utah has the most telephone operators per capita
- Missouri has the most locker and dressing room attendants per capita
To see more results from the survey, click HERE.
[Via Business Insider]