Iowa Student Who Died is Identified
The heartbreaking news has been delivered as authorities have now released the identity of the 18-year-old who died in a University of Iowa dorm room this past weekend.
CBS 2 News reports that Sean Wu, a University of Iowa student from Cedar Rapids was found in an "unresponsive" state and was taken to U of Iowa hospital where he later died.
Toxicology exams are being conducted to help reveal the cause of death, but it had been reported the young man had been drinking.
We all know that underage drinking is a major cause of concern on every college campus and binge drinking can lead to lethal consequences. But until it happens so close to home that we sometimes shrug it off and simply turn the page.
Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Sean, and ask that you keep them close in your thoughts and prayers.
Let's hope this time we all stand up, take notice and maybe some actionable steps to help alleviate this growing problem.
[source: CBS2 News]