Where to Get The Best French Fries in Eastern Iowa [PHOTOS]
There are some AMAZING fries here in the local area, but we want to know who has the very best!
I don't discriminate when in comes to French fries (unless we're talking about sweet potato fries... no thanks). Standard fries are delicious, but there are so many other beautiful varieties! I love crinkle cut fries, steak fries, curly fries, beer-battered fries, waffle fries, fries covered in cheese, bacon, ranch, Buffalo sauce... I could go on forever! Today is a day to celebrate fries of all shapes and sizes, because it's National French Fry Day!
According to Fortune, there are a few fast food chains where you can get a deal (or free) fries today. Here are a few of the ones we have here in the local area:
- If you order via the McDonald's app, you get a free medium fry today (and every day through September 7th)
- Order a Brown Sugar Bacon Sandwich today and Arby's will hook you up with free curly fries
- Dairy Queen
- A small order of fries will cost only $1 today at select locations
As good as fast food fries are, they have nothing on the fries from local restaurants here in Eastern Iowa! Here are a few of my favorite places to get them:
- Big Grove Brewery - Iowa City
- Bushwood - Cedar Rapids
- Rock Bar - Cedar Rapids
- Quarter Barrel - Cedar Rapids
- Daisy's Garage - Cedar Rapids
I'd also like to give a shout out to White Star Ale House in Cedar Rapids, because their fries are BOMB and I somehow don't have a picture of them.
In honor of National French Fry Day, what's your absolute FAVORITE place to get fries in the local area? Share yours with us in the comments!