NBA Finals Set: Cavs vs. Warriors
On Monday night (5/30), the Golden State Warriors defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder 96-88 in Game 7 of the Western Conference finals. After winning a record 73 games during the regular season, they could claim the greatest season in NBA history with four more victories. The last hurdle? They'll face LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in a rematch of last year's NBA Finals.
Last season, the Warriors beat Cleveland in six games to win the championship. So it'll be the Warriors going for a repeat and the Cavaliers trying to end the city of Cleveland's 52-year title drought in pro sports. LeBron will be playing in his sixth straight NBA Finals, and seventh total (one more than Michael Jordan played in). So far, he's 2-4 (0-2 with the Cavs).
Cleveland may have been rooting for the Thunder, as that match-up would've given the Cavs home-court advantage. Instead, the Cavaliers will be heading to Oakland for games 1 & 2..
Take a look at the schedule here...
- June 2nd - Game 1 in Oakland
- June 5th - Game 2 in Oakland
- June 8th - Game 3 in Cleveland
- June 10th - Game 4 in Cleveland
- June 13th - Game 5 in Oakland (if necessary)
- June 16th - Game 6 in Cleveland (if necessary)
- June 19th - Game 7 in Oakland (if necessary)