Need a Quick, Easy, and Cheap Costume Idea? We’ve Got A Couple.
Your boss just informed you that all are expected to wear costumes for Halloween. Or maybe a friend has invited you to their costume party? Maybe you'll be at 'Dracula Returns' tonight, and are planning on coming to the Afterparty, and want to compete in the costume contest. Problem is, you have no clue what to dress up as, and no money to throw away on an overpriced costume. Don't get scared! We've come to the rescue. Let me warn you, for some of these, you'll need a good sense of imagination, and maybe pride. I've done a couple of these over the years, and always get strange looks, and lots of questions. But the are costumes. And honestly, we prefer the "non-traditional / makes you think" costumes anyway. Have fun!
- Bag of Jellybeans: Grab a large, clear garbage bag. Cut holes in it for your arms and feet, then blow up a bunch of multi-colored balloons. Step in the bag, have a friends help you stuff the balloons in the bag with you, and voila! Might want a sign on the front to help explain it, maybe.
- Buccaneer: Attach a dollar bill to each ear and voila! (Maybe add an eye patch... if you want.)
- Babysitter: Careful of the crowd you'll wear this one around. Strap a baby doll to your rear end, and you're set.
- Black-Eyed Pea: Take an plain t-shirt and draw a giant "P" on it. Then take some black make-up and create a black eye. (Purple eyeshadow left over from your daughter's Elsa costume works good too.)
- Sugar Daddy/Momma: Pin a bunch of candy all over your self. Don't want to spend the extra $$$ on candy? Grab some sugar packets.
- Magic 8 Ball: The creativity in this one is in the delivery. Dress in all black. Then attach a piece of white paper with an "8" on it to your chest or back. When people ask you what you are, come up with some clever saying, like "The answer is unclear, try again" or tell them to shake you and ask a question.
- Frank-n-Stein: Slap on a name tag with the name "Frank" on it, then carry a classic, large beer mug.
- Autograph Book: Wear all white and carry some sharpies, and ask people to sign you. Going to a party of friends? Pin a bunch of picture of all of you to it, from the past year, and become a "Yearbook", having them write messages on you, instead of just their name. Just be careful if you've been drinking too much. Passing out, sharpies, and you've already trained them to write on you... you've been warned.
- Leaf Blower: Grab a leaf outside and attach it to the underside of a ball cap. When people ask what you are, blow the leaf dangling in front of your face.
- Error Code: Ever surfed for a webpage, but type it in wrong, and get the "Error 404" code? Write "Error 404: Costume Not Found" on a white shirt. They'll get it.
- 50 Shades of Grey: Forget the leather and whips. Head to the hardware store, and grab every gray paint sample card you can find, and attach it to yourself. Might want to throw in a pair of handcuffs to add to it. Or a whip. Maybe.
- Ghost: Either grab an old white sheet... duh, or don't show up to the party, but make sure you get party details from a co-conspirator at the party. That way you can text people and say you're there. They just can't see you, cause your costume is that good!