Snapchat Replaces ‘Best Friends’ With Emojis
Many people were outraged when Snapchat got rid of the "Best Friends" feature. But, no worries! They've brought it back in a different way... with emojis!
If you updated your Snapchat app in the last few days, you probably noticed that your friends list has hearts/smileys/flames next to different names. Each of those emojis represents a different relationship you have with each snapper. Here's the rundown:
- Yellow Heart - This means you are #1 Snapchat best friends! It means that you send the most snaps to this person, and they send the most snaps to you.
- Flames - This means you and that person are on a "Snapstreak." You and that person have sent snaps back and forth for the number of days shown next to the flame.
- Grit Teeth Smiley - This means that you and that person both have a mutual #1 best friend. They send the most snaps to the same person that you send the most snaps to.
- Regular Smiley - This person is one of your Snapchat best friends.
- Sunglasses Smiley - This means that you have a mutual Snapchat best friend.
- Smirky Smiley - This means that you are one of this person's best friends, but they are not one of yours. They send you a lot of snaps, but you do not send them a lot.
A little confusing, but I'm sure we will all get the hang of it!
Via Tech Crunch