The Best Gift Cards To Give This Holiday Season
You walk into many retailers these days and there's an entire display of just gift cards, the most popular gift nine years running. If we're being honest, many of them are garbage. However, there's plenty of good ones too. Wallethub has identified the 10 best ones for 2016, based on five factors.
- Popularity of the card
- Average percentage discount
- Average value of resale
- The appeal of the retailer
- Fees on shipping
So without further ado, here's the Top 10 for 2016:
- Walmart has the highest average resale of the Top 10. A $100 card has an average resale of $83.94.
- Amazon has the most popular gift card but including other factors, it lands at #4.
- Best Buy
- Dunkin Donuts is the only one with a shipping fee. It's $1.95.
- TJ Maxx features the highest average buyer discount at 12.70 percent.