The Best Week Of The Year In Cedar Rapids is Here!
How many times have you driven by a restaurant and thought, "Wow, I'd really like to try that place out but I'm not sure." It's hard to commit to taking a risk on some place new. Plus you never know if it'll be to pricey, or if you'll even like it. But yet every time you turn around, you keep seeing new restaurants. That's why I love this week!Today is the start of Cedar Rapids restaurant week. It's when over the next 10 days, you get to try out a bunch of different restaurants in and around town, all with fixed price menus. And there's so many new and delicious tastes around the city, it's hard not to get excited, especially if you love trying new things. In fact, you could hit two a day if you want, as many have special lunch menus, besides their dinner menus.
I've looked through all the menus and have an itinerary I might try to follow. Well you can try mine, I do recommend taking a look as well and coming up with your own, as there's so many dishes, you just don't want to miss out.
- Chicken Cheesesteak Sub with coleslaw for lunch at Capriottis.
- Fish Pakora, Sabaz Bahar, and Mango Kulfi for dinner at Taste of India.
- Spinach Dip Chicken Melt for lunch at Bistro on the River
- Stuff Your Own Burger, salad, Lava Cake, and beer flight for dinner at Parlor City.
- 5 wings, 2 sides, and a drink for lunch at Sweetie Pies
- Tomato Panzella salad, House linguini, & macaroons w/"grasshopper" gelato at Cobble Hill.
- Baby Got Back Burger w/soup for lunch at 101 Gastropub.
- Basil Crepe, Vegetable Terrine, the mushroom and filet skewers, and Chocolate Candy Creme Whoppie Pie for dinner at 350 First.
- WIld Mushroom pizza for lunch at Cibo Fusion.
- Spicy Chicken Rangoons w/Lobster Mac & Cheese, and a slice of Kathy's Pie's Bayoo Goo for dinner at Emil's Hideaway.
- Caprese salad and Slow Smoked Carolina Pulled Pork for lunch at Zins
- Shrimp cocktail, Bacon wrapped pork filets in creamy mushroom sauce, and sugar dusted apple bundt cake for dinner at the Lighthouse Inn & Supper Club.
- Salmon burger for lunch at Lava Fusion
- Margherita flatbread, Spinach papardelle, and cheesecake for dessert at Popoli.
- Half heirloom salad and "Turducken" panini for lunch at Class Act at Kirkwood.
- Sweet potato, Shrimp risotto, and Texas Sheetcake for dinner at Bata's.
- Salad, Reuben pizza and Rootbeer Float for lunch at Parlor City
- Avocado chicken eggrolls, roast BBQ pork shanks, and chocolate decadent for dinner at White Star Ale House.
- Kani salad, Hong Kong beef fried noodle, and Mochi for lunch at Kazoku.
- Tomato and Mozarella salad, Portabella Mushroom ravioli, and tiramisu for dinner at 101 Gastropub.
Almost all lunch menus are only $10 per person, and almost all dinners are only $25. For many, you get more than I even listed (like drink or other sides). It's a great way to expand your palate with so many great options, beyond those I chose for me. Just pick wisely, as you only have through the 27th.
Don't forget as well to tag your food photos (highly encouraged) #EatWeekCr. Get all the info and menus for CR restaurant week now at CRrestaurantWeek.com