Top Things To Get Your Car Ready Before The Next Winter Storm
The talk lately has been the potential major winter storm that may affect us early next week. Here're some things you can do this weekend with the milder weather to get yourself and your car ready.
1. Check the air pressure in your tires. As the colder weather has set in, make sure your tires have the correct air pressure. It's no fun trying to change a tire in the snow.
2. Check all your fluids. Check your oil, antifreeze, and especially your windshield wiper fluid. With the snow comes the messy roads and wet pavement.
3. Make sure your windshield wipers are in good condition. There's nothing worse that tilting your head a certain angle to drive when you don't have good cleaning windshield wipers. If you need new wipers, stop by your local parts stores. Many of them will offer to install new wipers when you purchase them from their store.
4. Fill your tank with gasoline. Many motorists were stuck in their vehicles after getting caught in the snow storm last weekend on the east coast.
5. Have that snow brush ready. It's no fun having to clean off your car with your gloves and an old gift card from your wallet.