What to Wear for the Insane Inflatable 5K
With the Insane Inflatable 5K sponsored by GoDaddy just about a month away, it's time to start planning your costume!
The Insane Inflatable is one of the most fun 5Ks out there, so it only makes sense to have a really fun outfit to run it in! I've never run in a 5K before, but I know a lot of people who have, so I've seen a lot of really cool theme costumes! Here are some ideas for yours:
- Superheros - Whether you like Wonder Woman, Batman, or Captain America, nothing says strength and speed like your favorite superhero! Get out your capes and your spandex and come dressed ready to fight some crime!
- 4th of July - June 20th and 21st are pretty close to the 4th of July, so why not get a little patriotic! Red, white, and blue are a MUST. Also, throw some stars and stripes in there! You can never go wrong with a good Statue of Liberty costume or an Uncle Sam hat.
- Wild Animals - Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my! Run like a fierce beast and LOOK like a fierce beast as you pass all your fellow runners! Cheetahs, panthers, horses, and even gazelles are recommended (they are actually really fast!).
- Food - What's more motivating than food? I've seen ketchup and mustard, various candies (Nerds, M&M's, Skittles), bananas, grapes, and even a guy dressed as a giant taco! Get creative with it!
- Characters - This is a good costume category because you have SO MANY OPTIONS! Disney characters, Mario and Luigi, Minions, Thing 1 & Thing 2, Oompa Loompas, and Sesame Street characters are all fun suggestions! Just don't do TOO much with it. You still have to run, after all!
What will you be wearing for the Insane Inflatable 5K? Leave your suggestions below!