Whatever You Do – DON’T Buy Clothing From These Websites
If you've ever seen an ad pop up on your Facebook feed for a beautiful dress with an UNBELIEVABLY cheap price, don't believe it.
I'm not going to lie, I've seen an ad for a really cute sweater for only $7.99 and thought "wow, that's an amazing price! I should look into that." Luckily, it never went further than that. As a self-proclaimed "bargain hunter," there's nothing I love more than a good deal, and I think a lot of other shoppers feel the same way. That's why I feel it's important to tell you that these too-good-to-be-true prices really are too-good-to-be-true.
Buzzfeed recently posted an article outlining why you should be avoid purchasing clothing from Chinese companies like Zaful, SammyDress, DressLily, RoseGal, RoseWe, TideBuy, Choies, NastyDress and RomWe. For example:
- They often steal photos of clothing from other people's/companies' Instagram accounts, instead of taking photos of the clothing they are actually producing
- Many people have complained about their clothes taking an incredibly long time to get to them, if they even make it to them at all
- Their customer service is very hard to reach, especially if you want a refund
- Complaints about the sizes being way too small are very popular
- Other complaints include the clothing being made of cheap, flimsy material, the colors being slightly off, and the clothes smelling strongly of chemicals
To be fair, I have seen a handful of positive reviews from people who ended up with something that worked for them, but is that a chance you're willing to take? Maybe. I would check out some of those Facebook pages first, though. You get what you pay for!