Where to Go Apple Picking in Eastern Iowa This Fall
The first day of fall won't be here until September 22nd, but that doesn't mean you can't start celebrating early! Fall is my absolute favorite season and I'm already daydreaming about all my favorite activities. One thing I make sure to do every year is visit an apple orchard. Sure, just buying a pre-picked bag of fresh apples is fine, but it's WAY more fun to pick them yourself, especially if you can enjoy donuts and cider in the process. Here are the Eastern Iowa apple orchards that offer "U-Pick" apples:
- Wilson's Orchard
- 4823 Dingleberry Road NE, Iowa City
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Featuring U-Pick apples, fresh fruit, baked goods, apple cider donuts, apple cider, pumpkins, and tractor rides
- Allen's Orchard
- 5801 N 10th St, Marion
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Featuring U-Pick apples (Saturdays & Sundays), fresh grown produce, unique gifts, donuts, and sweets
- The Big Apple Orchard
- 1115 Highway 30 W, Mount Vernon
- Open Friday 3-5 and Sat & Sun 10-5 thru October 21.
- Featuring U-Pick apples, donuts, and baked goods
Where's your favorite fall destination? Share yours in the comments!