Best Things to Eat Before Corridor on Tap This Saturday
Before you spend 3 hours sampling over 100 types of beer this Saturday night at Corridor on Tap, here are some things you should eat ahead of time to prepare your body!
At one point or another, we've all learned the lesson: "don't drink on an empty stomach." And whether you learned it from watching a friend or from personal experience, you learned it well! Expert nutritionists came up with a list of the best foods to eat before a night out drinking, so take note:
- Low-fat yogurt with granola - It sticks to your stomach for 4-6 hours
- Milk - It's high in potassium, which you lose after going to the bathroom a lot, plus it keeps you hydrated
- Hummus - Eat it with raw veggies to get the nutrients you need to prevent a nasty hangover!
- Salmon - It contains lots of B-12, which alcohol depletes
- Chicken - A chicken sandwich has lots of protein, which slows how quick your blood alcohol level increases
- Eggs - Also chock full of proteins and amino acids that help break down alcohol... also a great hangover food!
- Spaghetti - It gives you carbs to boost your energy and it also absorbs some of the alcohol
- Cereal - Eat a fiber-rich cereal with some milk to slow down your alcohol absorption
See more good foods to eat before you drink HERE.