Cedar Rapids #3 in Nation with Flu Illness
The flu is knocking lots of folks in Eastern Iowa right on their asses.
According to the Walgreen Flu Index website, Cedar Rapids is ranked #3 in the nation of people suffering with flu like symptoms. And just down the road, Davenport, Iowa is ranked #7 in the top ten.
Top 10 Cities with Flu Activity
Week Ending 3/16/19
1. Little Rock-Pine Bluff, Ark.
2. El Paso, Texas (Las Cruces, N.M.)
3. Cedar Rapids-Waterloo-Iowa City & Dubuque, Iowa
4. Oklahoma City, Okla.
5. Columbia-Jefferson City, Mo.
6. Shreveport, La.
7. Davenport, IA-Rock Island-Moline, Ill.
8. Monroe, La.-El Dorado, Ark.
9. Corpus Christi, Texas
10. Lafayette, La.
The store compiles the data based on several factors including the number and type of prescriptions the stores are filling.
Area schools also report higher than average student absences in Iowa. Of course some may claim it's just a touch of "spring fever" with warm weather finally arriving
Or maybe it all just a bit of the "March Madness" hitting the workplace.
Go Hawks! Go Cyclones!