Iowa State Will Allow Fans At Next Home Game
We've got some good news for Iowa State fans.
According to KCCI, Iowa State University stated in a letter that they will allow fans inside Jack Trice Stadium at the next home game.That next home game is set for Saturday, October 3 against Oklahoma. Although fans will be in the stands, KCCI reports that it will be at a reduced capacity for "coronavirus pandemic mitigation".
This decision comes after close monitoring. Athletic Director Jamie Pollard along with university officials have looked at the "coronavirus positivity rate, have consulted with local health officials and an expert on infection control for major sports." After reviewing all of the information, officials decided to allow Cyclone fans in the stadium.
The safety of all participants and fans remains our top priority."-Pollard
Here's what you need to know regarding seating:
- No general admission seating- fans will have assigned seating.
- No Jr. Cyclone Club hillside seating this season, tickets will be refunded.
- 15,000 fans and 1,000 students allowed
- Full refunds (for the price of the season ticket) will be given to all students who purchased tickets.
- There will be a random drawing, among students who kept their tickets, to determine which students will receive complimentary tickets to the Oklahoma game
Pollard says that these procedures are "similar to what other institutions have successfully implemented in their student sections.” Face coverings and physical distancing will be required. You can see more details regarding safety measures being taken and seating configurations HERE.
It may not be ideal conditions, but at least fans will get to cheer on their team in person.