The Average Cost of a Wedding is Slightly Less Than it was Last Year
... but still incredibly expensive.
If you plan on getting married anytime soon, I hope you've been saving! The 2015 Newlywed Report states that the average cost of a wedding last year was a whopping $28,958, down slightly from just over $31,000 last year. Here are some more wedding trends from 2015:
- The average number of wedding guests is 120
- The most popular days to get engaged are Christmas and Valentine's Day (no surprise there)
- The average amount spent on an engagement ring is $4,758
- The average amount of time people spend engaged before they tie the knot is 13 months
- June and May are the most popular months to get married, followed by September and October
- The average amount spent on the honeymoon is $3,882
- Around 80% of the planning process is spent online
For more interesting wedding stats, click HERE.
How much did you spend on your wedding? Are you above average or below? Let us know in the comments!
[Via PR Newswire]