The Best French Fries in Iowa are in Iowa City
Business Insider recently took a look at expert reviews and local recommendations to compile a list of the best French fries in every state.
One of my favorite foods on this earth are hot, delicious French fries, so as soon as I saw this article I HAD to find out where in Iowa I can get the very best. To get the winning fries for the state of Iowa, you don't have to go too far! They are actually in Iowa City!
Short's Burgers and Shine has won best French fries by the Iowa City Press-Citizen two years in a row, which is why they were chosen for the list. The pick for my home state of Michigan is sweet potato fries from Small Plates in Detroit. I'm not big on sweet potatoes, so I'm gonna have to disagree on that one.
Here are some of the picks for surrounding states:
- Illinois - Edzo's Burger Shop in Chicago
- Nebraska - Block 16 in Omaha
- Wisconsin - Oscar's Pub and Grill in Milwaukee
- Minnesota - Amsterdam Bar and Hall in St. Paul
- Missouri - The Shaved Duck in St. Louis (featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives)
Did they get Iowa's right? Or have you had better fries somwhere else? Let us know below!