The Best Wine to Pair With Each Girl Scout Cookie
Yes, you read that right. Somebody came up with a guide for the best wine to drink with each Girl Scout Cookie, and it's AWESOME.
We are getting really close to one of the best times of the year... Girl Scout Cookie season! Girl Scout Cookies and wine are two of my favorite things (cue Julie Andrews), and I know I'm not alone. Vivino obviously knows that too, because they came up with with a way to pair the two, taking your wine and cookie experience to the next level. In case you didn't know, there are now TWELVE different flavors of Girl Scout Cookies. Not all of them are available everywhere, but we want you to be prepared, just in case. Here's your official guide, made with the help of a wine professional:
- Thin Mints - Brunello
- Tagalongs/Peanut Butter Patties - Amarone
- Samoas/Caramel Delites - Rioja
- Trefoils/Shortbread - German Riesling
- Do-Si-Dos/Peanut Butter Sandwich - California Zinfandel
- Cranberry Citrus Crisps - New Zealand Pinot Noir
- Lemonades - Italian Roero Arneis
- Rah-Rah Raisins - Bordeaux
- Savannah Smiles - Sancerre
- Thanks-A-Lot - Bandol Rouge
- Toffee-Tastic - Chateauneuf-du-Pape
- Trios - Washington State Syrah
For more details on each wine and why they pair well with each cookie, click HERE.