‘Twerk’ and ‘Photobomb’ are Now in the Dictionary
Merriam-Webster just added 1,700 new words to the dictionary and some of them will make you say, "WTF!"
Thanks to popularity on the internet, there are a ton of new words in the Unabridged American Dictionary. Here are some of the most ridiculous ones with their official definitions, courtesy of Merriam-Webster:
- Twerk - "Sexually suggestive dancing characterized by rapid, repeated hip thrusts and shaking of the buttocks, especially while squatting."
- Meme - "An idea, behavior, style or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture."
- Jeggings - "A legging that is designed to resemble a tight-fitting pair of denim jeans and is made of a stretchable fabric."
- WTF - "What the f—, used especially to express or describe outraged surprise, recklessness, confusion or bemusement."
- Photobomb - "To move into the frame of a photograph as it is being taken as a joke or prank."
To see the rest of the new words, click HERE.