UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital Names Kid Captains for 2018 Season
Every year the University of Iowa Stead Family Children's Hospital chooses 13 current or former pediatric patients to honor and celebrate their stories.
Being a Kid Captain is a pretty big deal as "all Kid Captains receive a commemorative jersey, special recognition from UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital and the Iowa Hawkeyes, and an invitation to a special behind-the-scenes tour of Kinnick Stadium in August," according to uichildrens.org.
With an experience like that, you can imagine how many nominations they receive! The UI Stead Family Childrens Hospital's Facebook page reports that this year's lucky 13 "were selected from 292 nominations from six states."
Here's this year's Kid Captain lineup:
* Gwen White, 10, West Burlington, Iowa
* Harper Stribe, 6, Polk City, Iowa
* Quinn Stumpf, 6, Riverside, Iowa
* Kiersten Mann, 14, Ankeny, Iowa
* Ean Gorsh, 9, North English, Iowa
* Mason Zabel, 2, Independence, Iowa
* Christopher Turnis, 13, Dubuque, Iowa
* Noah Hodgins, 9, Cedar Rapids, Iowa
* Harper Still, 3, Bedford, Iowa
* Mason Gonzalez, 7, Jesup, Iowa
* Livia Jackson, 10, Glenwood, Iowa
* Garret Schuster, 10, Epworth, Iowa
* Gabe Graber, 13, Prairie City, Iowa
To read more about each child's inspirational story and to see what game they'll be at, check out their full bios HERE.
Congratulations to all of the Kid Captains this year. See you on the field! Go Hawks!